Monday, November 24, 2008

why cant he tell me ?

> > this is a GUY TALKING...
> > > > ITS 7TH GRADE...
> > > > > > I stared at the girl next to me...She was my so called 'best friend'... I
> > stared at her... Long, silky hair... And I wished she was mine... But she
> > didn't notice me like that... I knew it... After class she walked up to me
> > and asked me for the notes she had missed the day before... And I handed
> > them to her... She said 'thanks'... And gave me a kiss on the cheek... I
> > wanted to tell her... I want her to know that I don't want to be 'just
> > friends'... I love her but I'm too shy to tell her... And I don't know
> > why...
> > > > > > > > > > > >
IT'S JUNIOR YEAR...
> > > > > > My phone rang... On the other end it was her... She was in tears... Mumbling
> > on and on about how her love had broken her heart... She asked me to come
> > over because she didn't want to be alone... So I did... As I sat next to her
> > on the sofa... I stared at her soft eyes... Wishing she was mine... After 2
> > hours... A Drew Barrymore movie... And 3 bags of chips... She decided to go
> > to sleep... She looked at me.. Said 'thanks' and gave me a kiss on the
> > cheek... I wanted to tell her... I want her to know... That I don't want to
> > be 'just friends'... I love her but I'm too shy to tell her... And I don't
> > know why...
> > > > > > > > > > > > IT'S SENIOR YEAR...
> > > > > > The day before prom... She walked to my locker... 'My date is sick' she
> > said... He's not going to go... Well... I didn't have a date and in 7th
> > grade... We made a promise that if neither of us had dates... We'd go
> > together just as 'best friends'... And so we did...
> > > > > > > > > > > > IT'S PROM NIGHT...
> > > > > > After everything was over with... I was standing at her front door step... I
> > stared at her ... She smiled at me... I wanted her to be mine... But she
> > doesn't think of me like that... And I know it... Then she said 'I had the
> > best time... Thanks!'... And she gave me a kiss on the cheek... I wanted to
> > tell her... I wanted her to know that I don't want to be 'just friends'... I
> > love her but I'm just too shy... And I don't know why...
> > > > > > > > > > > > IT'S GRADUATION DAY...
> > > > > > A day passed... And then a week... And then a month... Before I could
> > blink... It was graduation day... I watched her... Perfect body... Floated
> > like an angel up on stage to get her diploma... I wanted her to be mine...
> > But she doesn't think of me that way... And I know it... Before everyone
> > went home... She came to me in her smock and hat... And cried as I hugged
> > her... Then she lifted her head from my shoulders and said 'you're my best
> > friend'... 'Thanks!'... And gave me a kiss on the cheek... I wanted to tell
> > her.. I wanted her to know that I wanted to be more than 'just friends'... I
> > love her but I'm too shy... And I don't know why...
> > > > > > > > > > > > IT'S A FEW YEARS LATER...
> > > > > > Now I sit in the pews of the church... A church that she is getting married
> > in now... I watched her say 'I do' an drive off to her new life... Married
> > to another man... I wanted her to be mine... But she didn't see me like
> > that... And I knew it... But before she drove away... She came to me and
> > said 'You came!... Thanks!'... And she kissed me on the cheek... I wanted to
> > tell her... I wantd her to know that I didn't want to be 'just friends'... I
> > love her but I'm just too shy... And I don't know why...
> > > > > > > > > > > > YEARS PASSED...
> > > > > > I looked down at the coffin of a girl who used to be my 'best friend'... At
> > the service they read a diary entry she had wrote in her high school
> > years... This is what it said... 'I stare at him... Wishing he was mine...
> > But he doesn't notice me like that... And I know it... I wanted to tell
> > him... I wanted him to know... That I don't want to be 'just friends'... I
> > love him but I'm just too shy... And I don't know why... I wish he would
> > tell me he loved me'... I wish I did too... I thought to myself and I
> > cried...

0 comments: